Tuesday, November 16, 2010

“Random acts of life”

Life has a wonderful tradition of taking you by surprise when you least expect it. This happened to me recently when a friend and I invited ourselves to an exclusive party. A very diplomatic negotiation with the security guard on duty allowed us access into this corporate function. For two bachelors, the idea of free drinks, coupled with great entertainment and the opportunity to mingle is simply heaven.
It was a theme party and you had to wear these funky looking hats with the guys wearing jackets and the ladies wearing fury neon coloured scarves. Guess that it was a 70’s or 80’s theme but we never bothered to ask and just blended in by standing in line to receive our hats and jackets. The entertainment was really cool too and we danced our shoes off to Liquid Deep. Needless to say, that we were starting to attract some attention from our adopted colleagues. One person said to me, ”I have never seen you here before” to which I promptly replied, “I just started today” and I turned around and danced with someone else.
We had our photographs taken with most of the people at the party and I think that they all knew that we had gate crashed their party, but perhaps it was our festive attitude and social happiness that made them turn a blind eye. Perhaps it was all the free booze.
When I woke up that Thursday morning, I had no expectations other than I knew that I had to go to work and follow the normal day to day routine. The party was totally unexpected but thinking back, it is one my fondest memories to date. Looking at my side, I see my buddy smiling from ear to ear dancing with who knows who and I think to myself that this is what life is about. Creating memories and enjoying the random acts of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment