Thursday, November 11, 2010

“That Love called War” – part 1


“I feel it in my fingers, I feel it my toes, love is all around me and so the feeling grows, it is written on wind, it is everywhere I go, oh yes, it is, So if you really love me come on and let it show” (Love is all around lyrics by Wet Wet Wet)
I am not sure if you ever noticed like I have that the lyrics to most rock songs are pretty soppy and deep “shit”. Performed by hard core people who apart from having an ear for music are professors in drugs, alcohol, orgasmic orgies, fast cars and oh did I mention orgasmic orgies? It is no wonder that a rockers life span is short lived but boy are their legends remembered for eternity.  That brings a whole new meaning to “living your life to the fullest”. Bringing that down to the man in street for a second Wet Wet Wet certainly knew their shit with “Love is all around”. Having said that – can you imagine a woman trying to date one of these guys? Now you could argue that the words or the song was written by a proper writer (Babyface etc) but listen to them sing it and you know that the person has some life experience on the topic and that amazes the hell out me.
In short the message is quite clear – if you love me, show me and forget about the “bullshit” that may or may not have happened in the past. So it is difficult, get over it and show me. Remember why you felt what it is that you felt and that is all you need, to show it. So why do we (mortals) complicate things?
It is my opinion that you meet your soul mate only once – and if you have been lucky enough to have met that person then the above will apply to you. And that is why it is complicated. If you have not met your soul mate – your search simply continues.
And in the words of another poet:
“It's your love that I'm waiting on, It's my love that you're running from”. My man Bob Marley

(To be continued ....)

1 comment:

  1. I believe that we have many soul mates. There is one for every life stage we end up in... We attract different people to us at different times in our lives, depending on the kinds of energies we put out there. But that's just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete