Sunday, November 14, 2010

“That Love called War” - Part 2

I have had some interesting comments on “That Love called War” - Part 1 and some of it made me laugh and some got me thinking. It is interesting to me how words can speak to people in different ways considering what is going on in their life at that particular time.
A friend of mine recently attended a funeral in a small town just before Bloemfontein. He and a couple of mates decided that they would check out the local scene one of the nights and as they approached the town they were spoilt for choice in deciding which one of the two clubs to go to. (which just happened to be across the street from each other) As he walks into the club he notices a beautiful Indian girl standing with some of her friends. She noticed him to. I reference her race as I was later informed that it is a rare site to see an Indian in Bloem – let alone a beautiful Indian girl.
To shorten a long story – she eventually plucked up the courage to go and talk with him and this is what she said, ”Hi, my friends over there, have dared me to come over to you and ask you if you have a girl friend?” A week later I am sitting at dinner with my friend and the Indian girl from Bloem. My friend invited us to a party, so we thought we would get a bite before dancing it off. As I sat there, I watched the two of them – not staring, but paying attention. What really caught my eye was the “connection” that they had between them. I am not talking about chemistry – but you know that “connection”. It is there, you are not sure what it is or how to explain it, but it is there.
I find this type of “connection” simply beautiful.
Leaving you today with this thought – do you see these “connections”?  



1 comment:

  1. You do watch, don't you...

    Can you please remove these bloody word verifications?! They're getting on my nerves.

    ReplyDelete